Connemara's Drummer Boy, CD, CGN, RE, USA RN, HI, SdS, SHDMX,

Connemara's Drummer Boy, CD, CGN, RE, USA RN, HI, SdS, SHDMX,
Little Dog..... Big Attitude

Super dog

Wow! What a great day for herding. Louann worked Token and had her settled down and moving the sheep easily within a minute. She couldn't put much pressure on her though as Token knows that she can remove herself from the situation and come over to the fence to me. Louann says she listens better to me so next Thursday it's up to me to step out of the box and work with her myself. I hope Louann can take her in and out of the pen with the sheep.
Mesa was superb yesterday. She was in work mode from the beginning and was gathering her sheep from a good distance, guaging her sheep and moving fluidly in response to the handler's body language. She took sheep in and out of the pen without incident and Louann makes it look so easy. My turn to work Mesa came and she was simply terrific. We moved sheep through panels quietly and smoothly and she gave me the confidence to let her gather her sheep without feeling the need to push her off. I loved it. I loved it. She loved it. We can hardly wait for Thursday.
We'll get four more lessons in before the long weekend in May when we attend the Vickland clinic at Phantomridge.
This is just the best spring.

No comments: