Connemara's Drummer Boy, CD, CGN, RE, USA RN, HI, SdS, SHDMX,

Connemara's Drummer Boy, CD, CGN, RE, USA RN, HI, SdS, SHDMX,
Little Dog..... Big Attitude

Rally Rocks!

No one has seen so many German shepherds in a performance event like Rally O in Alberta!!! And we almost owned the Rally Ring this weekend. Deb's dog, Walker, was the dog of the weekend completing his Nov. B Rally Degree in three trials with two second place and one third place win and scores of 92, 96, & 98! What a team.

Swayze gained two legs out of two tries towards his Nov. B title with a third place win and a score of 96. 

Shar and Ryder finished their Rally Excellent B title with a fourth place and a score of 98!

Mesa was the coolest! She got her Rally Excellent B title 3/3 tries with a High In Class score of 91 from Judge Rod Beaudry who doesn't give away free marks. Mesa has never failed a rally class.

Token, unfortunately, cannot say the same.  She has to put up with me as a handler and although I am crisp and precise with my other dogs's handling, somehow, I just expect Token to know what to do on her own through osmosis. I blew her perfect 100 score on Saturday by giving her the wrong signal to jump and then, on Sunday, I gave her what I thought was a signal to move over to the left when we were leaving from the stand/down exercise and she interpreted the signal as a 'lift' into a sit and although I moved quickly to repair the damage, it was not quick enough to escape Rod Beaudry's pencil. Drat.  As the judge said, "You have a couple of 100 dogs if you handle them well."  How true.  The crowd loved the performance and not realizing that I had lost 10 points for the exercise, clapped and cheered for us when we finished the course as though the performance was perfect.

Bess, my friend, Lee's golden retriever, was, indeed golden, giving me a High in Class performance from Advanced Rally B to gain that title and then going on to the Excellent B class and grabbing two legs from there. One to go and we are done! 

Easter is finally here and although I am so disappointed that the herding fun match had to be rescheduled ( to a time in May when I am unable to attend), Donna McLaughlin has saved the day and invited Token and me (poor Token) to a freestyle gathering in Coalhurst  Easter Monday. Here's hoping we can resurrect some moves and put a performance together for Pet Expo next weekend. No pressure.

May the Easter bunny be kind to everyone and may God Bless.

No comments: