Connemara's Drummer Boy, CD, CGN, RE, USA RN, HI, SdS, SHDMX,

Connemara's Drummer Boy, CD, CGN, RE, USA RN, HI, SdS, SHDMX,
Little Dog..... Big Attitude

Snow

Last night when Deb left at 11:00 p.m. there was no snow at Shadowbar, despite the fact that it had been snowing in the Crowsnest Pass, sixteen kilometres west of us. Hence I was feeling pretty smug about that when I went to bed. Not so this morning. Penance, perhaps? Snow. Morbid east wind. Icicles beginning to form on my horses' coats called for blanketing. Miss Kitty happy to use her heated cat bed in her quilted condo in the barn. Kennel dogs happy to stay inside and chew on goodies for most of the day. House dogs still not stir crazy.... but I won't hold my breath about that. Snow and so-s0 visibility made the trip into the Pass a slow one but I wasn't in a hurry anyway. What a great day for a massage, brunch with a friend, and a leisurely drive home.
I love holidays. I'd love them more if I were on a beach in Cuba, but I do love holidays.
Spent time on the four X four rug training dogs to 'up sit' and 'ready', 'side-step', 'stand,
down and front'. Drummer even did a long sit with about 30 continuous seconds of 'watch' without a reminder cue. Put my High in Trial ribbons in their new shadow boxes, courtesy of husband, Darryl, done under protest. "No more." That was after the first two. I have four!
I win.

No comments: