Connemara's Drummer Boy, CD, CGN, RE, USA RN, HI, SdS, SHDMX,

Connemara's Drummer Boy, CD, CGN, RE, USA RN, HI, SdS, SHDMX,
Little Dog..... Big Attitude

Back to Reality

Home again after a wonderful weekend at AKC. Thank you to everyone who made my judging assignment a breeze. I had a great time. What a club. The show was held at Spruce Meadows and the spirit of Spruce Meadows was carried throughout the weekend by the wonderful volunteer members of the Alberta Kennel Club. Token earned her Scent Hurdle Excellent Title thanks to our team members who display such patience with her. Thank you, thank you.
Our square dance number was very well-received and Donna and Epic were the greatest at the Disc Dog Freestyle demo.
And, thank you to Carol for offering her home to Token and me once more. This time, Token was much more fun with Hank and Emily than she was previously. And there was no Mesa to guard shoes.
Deb, I can't say thanks enough for looking after the kennel and our dogs and bringing me Token. Couldn't have happened without you.

Speaking of Deb, she, Shar, Cindy, Louann and I have been tracking once or twice a week and Deb's dog, Fyre, is a super star.
She loves the game, especially when there is a body at the end of the track.
Darryl has built the frame for a metal roof for dog run # two and it being next to dogrun # 1, makes the two of them look like a Spanish hacienda. My friend, Jackie, who trains all her dogs with Spanish commands says that the sign can say Meson de Mesa or Casa de Pastores, Home of the shepherds. I love it. Jackie is sending us a CD on 2 X 2 weaves. We'll work on them this fall/winter in the hall and come out with a vengeance for weaves in the spring. Yahooooooooo!

We are full at the kennel this weekend with 10 dogs in the kennel and two in the outdoor kennel runs as well. Keeps me running.
I have two older dogs staying with me this weekend and Kate, the 14 year old, is just a superdog! She is so much fun.
Avi, the older of the two avalanche rescue dogs staying here, is a member of the Fun Police. His job is to make Huck, his neighbor, grovel all day. Lucky for Huck, I can lock Avi in his own kennel and allow Huck to be the puppy.
Lexi, the Scottie, is back for some fitness training. Our Drummer Boy races her around up and down hills like a pro and she sleeps very well at night. Thanks, Drummy. Ashes, the Portuguese Water Dog is just a sweetie and gets along with everyone. She is so accepting of everything that goes on around her. I think it's due to a new baby girl in the family. Token, the cocker cross, is a great dog....... we board great dogs....... and of course her name is Token so that automatically gets her in the good books. Cooper, the great golden went home this morning and I always miss him. He is Mr. Congeniality around here; a wonderful representative of the golden retriever breed. Kimo, the biggest dog here, is happy to play 'kong' all day with me. He is my fitness program. Kuma and Koda, the Karelian Beardogs, a now yellowish white from rolling in the horse manure in the top pasture and I can't wait to see how many new trenches they have dug. Mojo is finding out that five acres is a pretty huge area for a 10 inch tall dog with short legs to cover. What a crew! What a weekend.

No comments: